BEST [6+] Airless Paint Sprayer Reviews 2018 – [For Pros & Homeowners]
An airless spray painter comes as a much needed remedy for all the challenges people experienced with paint rollers and brushes. The time consuming often daunting task of painting was then only left to professionals who if asked would gladly welcome a more efficient means for carrying out their daily duties.
Today, DIYs and hobbyists have come on board to do their own painting thanks to these handy and quite affordable units. The best airless paint sprayer innovatively makes your work a lot simpler, faster, and still gives you a finish same as that of a professional.
This article is divided into two parts:
- The table below summarizes information about these best professional airless paint sprayers.
- 1 Best Airless Paint Sprayer 2017 – Comparison Table
- 2 Best airless Paint Sprayers 2017 – Reviews
- 2.1 Graco Magnum 262800 X5 Stand Airless Paint Sprayer
- 2.2 HomeRight C800879 Power-Flo Pro 2800 Airless Paint Sprayers
- 2.3 Graco Magnum 262805 X7 HiBoy Cart Airless Paint Sprayer
- 2.4 Wagner 0529010 Flexio 590 Indoor/Outdoor Hand-held Sprayer Kit/h3> Shop NowThe Wagner Flexio 590 is the best handheld sprayer among others, and more or less resembles the Flexio 890 only that it is further enhanced with an iSpray nozzle that sprays in vertical, horizontal, wide or narrow spray patterns.If you frequently handle small size tasks that need a fine finish then this is the spray for you. However, it is also good for covering larger areas with unthinned spray. FeaturesAdjustable iSpray nozzle for horizontal, vertical, wide, and narrow spray patterns Detailed nozzles X-boost power for easy storage of the hose and nozzles X-boost turbine integrated with 9 precision control keys 20oz. fluid cup Lock-n-Go Split gun design Narrow and wide spray width leverReview - Wagner 0529010 This versatile unit suits small smooth finish projects as well as large thinned paint ones. It comes with a turbine integrated with nine precision control keys to bring on the versatility required to spray different patterns and an iSpray nozzle to give fine finishes. Wagner flexio 590 sprayer is ideal for roller-like interior space finishes or other small scale tasks like cupboard and side decks needing fine finishes. With strong power, you can conveniently work with transparent and semi transparent paints at 3psi, solid, and latex paints at 4-7psi, and up to 7psi for thicker coatings like latex and primers. Additionally, the split-n-go gun design makes this hand held suitable for spraying tight corners and edged surfaces.HomeRight C800766 Finish Max Fine Finish Sprayer
- 2.5 Wagner 0518080 Control Spray Max HVLP Sprayer
- 2.6 Conclusion
- 3 How to Choose the top Paint Sprayer: Buyer’s Guide
- 4 Types of Paint sprayers
- 5 Importance of Airless Paint Sprayers
- 6 Essential Accessories of an Airless Paint Sprayer
- 7 Handy Operation tips
- 8 Maintenance
- 9 5 frequently asked questions about Airless Paint Sprayer
- 10 Factors to consider when selecting a paint sprayer
Best Airless Paint Sprayer 2017 – Comparison Table
|Model||Price||Sprayer Output||Horse power||Max Tip|
|Graco Magnum 262800||0.33GPM||½ HP||0.015inch|
|HomeRight C800879||0.24GPM||½ HP||0.015inch|
|Graco 262805||0.31GPM||5/8 HP||0.017inch|
|HomeRight C800766||-||½ HP||0.015inch|
Best airless Paint Sprayers 2017 – Reviews
Our review today looks at 6 top sprayers hailed by users for their performance, quality finish, versatility, and most importantly quality construction. We believe that this review will help you to select the right tool for your job.
Graco Magnum 262800 X5 Stand Airless Paint Sprayer
best home sprayer option for home owners as it is easy to use. Since it’s made from stainless steel, it’s not only long lasting but also able to deliver high pressure power.
Having the X5 sprayer is advantageous because it makes it easy for homeowners to paint as frequently as they desire. Again, it makes a good choice for small scale professional painters keen on cost cutting and quick performance.
One of the attractive features of the sprayer is its light weight so whether you are painting your side deck or the interior, you can carry it around without strain.
- stainless steel piston pump
- comes with 25-feet Graco DuraFlex hose
- Easy pressure control knobs for smooth uninterrupted flow.
HomeRight C800879 Power-Flo Pro 2800 Airless Paint Sprayers
HomeRight C800879 Power-Flo Pro 2800 Airless gun is designed for people who enjoy DIY tasks. With it, you will have both quality painting and power to cover a large area within a short time. Its strong base gives it utmost stability and steadiness during operation.
The sprayer also has easily adjustable pressure that can be scaled up 2800 PSI. This combined with its ½ HP backing and 515 tip makes it’s a true powerhouse for just any task.
- 2800 PSI ½ HP motor
- Sturdy stand for stability
- Sprays 24gallons per minute
- Comes with a swivel for spray gun, a 525 spray tip, and a reversible tip for quick unclogging
Graco Magnum 262805 X7 HiBoy Cart Airless Paint Sprayer
The occasional DIY, professional, or even beginner painter will absolutely love this handy tool for its toughness, performance, and most importantly professional finish. What’s more, it is rather fast and efficient given a speed of 32gallons per minute.
- Can spray a wide variety of thick and thin coatings excluding solvent based lacquer, asphalt, block filler, other texture filled materials.
- PushPrime feature for ease of priming
- Fully adjustable pressure control
- Power Flush cleaning adaptor that attaches to the standard garden hose
Wagner 0529010 Flexio 590 Indoor/Outdoor Hand-held Sprayer Kit/h3>
The Wagner Flexio 590 is the best handheld sprayer among others, and more or less resembles the Flexio 890 only that it is further enhanced with an iSpray nozzle that sprays in vertical, horizontal, wide or narrow spray patterns.
If you frequently handle small size tasks that need a fine finish then this is the spray for you. However, it is also good for covering larger areas with unthinned spray.
- Adjustable iSpray nozzle for horizontal, vertical, wide, and narrow spray patterns
- Detailed nozzles
- X-boost power for easy storage of the hose and nozzles
- X-boost turbine integrated with 9 precision control keys
- 20oz. fluid cup
- Lock-n-Go Split gun design
- Narrow and wide spray width lever
HomeRight C800766 Finish Max Fine Finish Sprayer
An occasional touch up of paint on furniture or cabinets is a welcome change for any homeowner from time to time. For such small scale duties, the HomeRight C800766 sprayer makes a good option as it is designed for fine finishing making it most preferred among furniture designers and homeowners.
- Adjustable spray nozzle
- Three spray patterns; vertical, horizontal, and circular
- One-pound light weight
- Brass constructed needle and housing
Wagner 0518080 Control Spray Max HVLP Sprayer
The Wagner 051808 is the best Wagner paint sprayer for the large or medium project owners. It is versatile too as it can work out even finishes quite well and for different types of surface
- Light weight
- Compact design
- High grade contractor grade viscosity cup
- 1 to 1.5plastic cup
- 3-mode air cup for vertical, horizontal and circular patterns
- 20-feet high flex air hose
- 2-step turbine for thick and thin coatings
- Spray nozzle with 1-10-inch varying trigger for ease of controlling air and coating material.
- Metal spray gun
- Comes with 2 air filters
As usual, our review is not complete without picking not only the best airless paint sprayer for the money but also one that will give you the quality you deserve in terms of operation and finishing.
Our top pick today goes to Wagner 0518080 and for all the right reasons. it features great power and the kind of versatility that any painter will appreciate.
How to Choose the top Paint Sprayer: Buyer’s Guide
Types of Paint sprayers
- Airless paint sprayers these sprayers are powered by electricity or gas rather than air pressure. A typical airless paint sprayer will come packaged together with several combination spray tips, guns, a pump and a hose making it versatile enough to perform varying tasks efficiently. On one hand, the smaller tips are ideal for thinner spraying tasks while the larger ones are built to handle thicker heavier fluids like latex.
- HVLP (High Volume Low Pressure) sprayers – these sprayers use air pressure to operate. In essence, they operate by using low pressure to push high volume fluids to surfaces to achieve a desired finish. They are ideal for small surfaces like shelves, doors, and trims.
Importance of Airless Paint Sprayers
A look at the importance of airless paint sprayers gives you a clearer picture of why you need them more than anything for refurbishing your walls and surfaces particularly if you are considering moving away from hiring professionals to doing it alone. Here are three most important points highlighting why these units are useful.
Efficiency: airless paint sprayers compared to conventional paint brushes or rollers are faster to work with and can let you cover a large surface requiring several gallons of paint in a short time yet with a neat finish that is impossible to achieve with alternative tools.
Ability to achieve different patterns: with different spray tips, it is possible to achieve a vertical, horizontal, or circular finish and still work with a variety of coatings from the thicker latex or primer coatings to the thinner lacquer, varnish, or stain coatings.
Cost effective – These units are cost effective in three different ways. Firstly, you no longer have to hire expensive professionals to do the job for you because you can do it alone and still achieve that professional touch. Secondly, you save time and third you can economize your paint and save on this too.
Essential Accessories of an Airless Paint Sprayer
Pump Motor – Without the motor and pump there is no paint sprayer. The motor produces the power needed by the pump to push paint out of the sprayer on to the surface.
Prime spray valve
Pump – This is perhaps the most essential part of a paint sprayer. Also known as the fluid section, the pump pushes the coating through to the surface being painted.
Hose – Once the pump exerts pressure on paint, the hose will transport it under the same pressure through the gun and tip onto the surface being painted.
Filter – Found inside the gun handle. It is an important part as it lets you have a smooth finish by blocking off particles and dust from passing though the tip.
Spray gun – this sprayer part is important for turning the flow of paint on and off.
Spray tip – spray tips come with varying openings as they determine the pattern and volume of spray coming through them.
Chassis– Is what holds the components of a sprayer together as one piece. You can have the stand, upright cart or the low-profile cart chassis depending on the application you will put it to.
Handy Operation tips
- Before you begin, mask off surfaces you do not want paint to land on because spray painting typically means that as you spray other nearby surfaces are bound to have some paint too. It might be a bit difficult getting rid of the paint especially from plants.
- It pays to take your time to get the right spray tip as this greatly determines how easily you’ll work and how neat your finish will be.
- If you intend to spend more, go for bigger and more efficient motor and pump not only for a faster efficient operations especially with the large scale professional projects but also for longer life
- Always ensure that you prime the sprayer pump before you start working.
- Finally, inspect the wet cup and high pressure paint hoses and ensure they are firmly secured.
- If your spray tip is clogged, stop the spraying and unclog it before you proceed otherwise you may have trouble working with it in this condition.
Proper regular maintenance of any sprayer will definitely add to its years of service. Because these units are quite handy for getting the job done faster and with a smooth finish compared to paint brushes and rollers, they will need good care.
The rule of thumb here is to spend a little now in maintenance rather than save yourself more spending later in replacement or repair. Here are five maintenance tips for your sprayer.
- Ideally, regular cleaning here means cleaning after a very use. Connect your sprayer to a standard water hose and flush paint off the pump and hose with plenty of water. Thereafter, dislodge the spray gun and clean it separately.
- A throat seal liquid is a great solution for dissolving particles on your sprayer’s displacement and for keeping it wet and lubricated.
- Try to work with less overspray as it reduces wastage of paint.
5 frequently asked questions about Airless Paint Sprayer
Why do people prefer paint spraying over paint brushing?
Paint spraying has many advantages when compared to paint brushing. To start with, equipments used in paint spraying enable users to work efficiently hence provide a sterling finish to their project.
In addition, spray painting is easy to learn making any painting project enjoyable while also allowing DIY users to save both time and materials without compromising on the quality of the painting.
Can I purchase any spray paint for a house painting project?
No, the spray units come in different sizes. You therefore need to ensure that you purchase the best airless paint sprayer that is suited for the project at hand. Check out for a spray compatible with material and surface to be painted.
Why is it that various units have different tip sizes?
This is because materials used in spray painting are different in thickness consequently they need different tip sizes.
What savings will I make if I opt for airless painting?
Using airless spray paints saves you both time and paints. In fact, spraying can be done 5 and 10 times faster than rolling or brushing. This means that even with the smallest can of paint, it is possible to apply at a rate of 150m2 to 250m2per hour.
What are some of the materials I can use with a spray paint unit?
Airless spray paint unit can be used to spray many smooth surfaces like undercoat, gloss, varnish, and emulsion. You can get units for wood coating, floor paints, bitumen, and intumescents among many other materials.
Factors to consider when selecting a paint sprayer
Selecting a paint sprayer is like selecting the quality of finish you desire after painting. The best paint sprayer for your intended task takes should be able to cover your project size with the type of coating you have picked for it efficiently and with a professional finish.
While you will also mind the ease of operation and maintenance, cost and safety are other factors whose importance cannot be overemphasized. Some utility based factors to consider when selecting a sprayer include:
Sprayer output – this represents the number of gallons of fluid that can be sprayed within one minute. In other words, the speed with which you will spray paint your surface.
Horsepower – The more powerful a sprayer’s motor is, the greater its performance will be.
The tip size – this is usually the exit point of your fluid from the sprayer to your designated surface. The diameter of the tip is measured in inches and it will certainly determine how much surface you can cover.
Airless paint sprayers are nearly indispensable given that nowadays people value time and quality above other important factors. The best airless paint sprayers will come with a good sprayer output and power enough to handle your intended tasks beyond your liking.
If you are considering a purchase, then this review among other great airless paint sprayer reviews will go a long way to help you get a good pick.
Greetings, I'm Oliver! My love for garden and DIY projects started since I was in my twenties. Wonderland Gardens is my 'digital land' where I talk about everything garden and home improvement. Write to me at [email protected]Learn more